Johnny Weir - The Funny, The Cool, The Controversial

 

Johnny Weir, the Olympic skater is shaking the Vancouver games with his funny antics... or should I say quotes. He's not shy about talking about other athlete's butts and as for whether he agrees with Canadian Patrick Chan that when skaters practice they intimidate each other, he retorted, "I’m not intimidated by anything, except maybe PETA standing outside with a bucket of blood."

I am not sure if he has won anything yet but what I am interested right now is in his quotes or what is buzzing now in the internet as Johnny Weir quotes. Take a look at some of them below:

About living in the athlete dorms: ‘I’m very princessy as far as travel is concerned, I hate carrying my own luggage’

Comparing his performance to another’s: "With mine, (spectators) wanted to sit back with a cognac and a cigarette and go, ‘Ahhhhhh,’ His was more of a shot of vodka and a line of cocaine."

On being called a jock: "I don’t like to be called a jock because that makes me think of spandex-covered football players."

On fur: "You know, animals wear fur coats, so I don’t see any reason why I can’t. It’s discrimination, I think."

On his performance tonight: "The results are something I can't control, so I can't say 'damnit, I didn't place in the top three today.' I can't control any of that. I just skate. And my goal was to show my heart, to take them on a journey with me so they can feel me.''

On his competitor, Evan Lysacek: "In reality, I don't have many bad things to say about Evan. He's a great competitor, a talented skater, a great athlete ... I have nothing but respect for him, but I don't have admiration. I suppose that's where you could draw the line and say that I'm a callous bitch when I talk about Evan like that."

Why Weir would love to see more men in makeup: "Blot powder or concealer. I don't consider looking like a shiny mess manly. Men need to understand the importance of their skin and beauty regime; there's nothing not-masculine about taking care of yourself. The face you present to the world is the most important one."

If Weir could be on a reality show, he'd be on...

"Two shows come to mind: 'Dancing with the Stars' [or] 'The Real Housewives of Atlanta.' ... just want to throw-down with Kim... I think it would be fun, I mean, I would be beautiful to her -- I have nothing against her personally. But maybe if she started spreading lies like she did about Mimi!"

On wearing a Michael Jackson mask: "They were looking at me like I was insane because I had this Michael Jackson mask on -- and I'll be the last one that laughs because I'm not the one getting Swine Flu sitting on the plane next to some three-month-old baby."

"I love beautiful things, and if it means having a fur coat or diamonds — or even if I want to wear a tiara someday — then that’s just the way it’s going to be.

“His was like a vodka shot and a snort of coke kind of thing. Uh, sorry for all those drug references.”

“[Once Weir began describing his free skate, though, the energy in his voice rose sharply. Instead of performing to the romantic music he usually favors, the two-time U.S. champion will show off a modern twist in tonight's Campbell's International Figure Skating Classic.] It’s a little edgier program, and the music is piano with a techno background, … It’s special because it’s different.”

“His name is Camille – two ‘l’s. I think he’s my evil side. When I skate badly, I blame it on my glove.”

“I’m not conceding. I’m just being realistic.”

“If he falls three times, maybe, just maybe someone can squeeze by.”

“It’s his gold medal to lose.”

“A little more speed, a little more passion. I was very tired at the end, tripping over myself in the straight-line footwork.”

“That girl, I would buy her diamonds if I could afford it.”

“It’s about getting back in my comfort zone and feeling good on the ice.”

“I’m very, very, very excited. Very, very elated. Lovely, really.”




[image from http://dscriber.com]

0 comments: